We envision a world without inbox clutter – a world with email…simplified.
ZigMail was sparked by the frustration over our inboxes becoming the catch-all for all our personal emails as well as alerts, receipts, notices, deals, newsletters, or anything received from companies, not people. We call these transactional emails. Even though we use email (74% of us prefer email for commercial communication1) and rely on it every day (63% of us check our email accounts at least daily2), it's incredibly inefficient. Every day we are receiving more and more important messages from companies we want to do business with, like retailers, airlines and financial institutions. These messages are mixed in with other important messages, like work messages, personal notes, pictures and invitations from friends and family. Unlike SPAM, these are messages we want to receive, but they are clogging up our email box.
There are all kinds of apps that make our lives easier on our desktops, tablets and smartphones, but the problem is, email has failed to innovate and keep up with our on-the-go lifestyles. Decades after email came on the scene, we still cringe when we open our inbox and think, "How far am I behind today?" ZigMail is changing the game.
ZigMail's founders set out to combat email overload with an innovative way to organize transactional messages. Now in beta, ZigMail is fast becoming the must-have app like other game-changing technologies, such as Facebook, Groupon, iTunes and YouTube. In a few years from now you'll tell your friends, "I was there when ZigMail was just getting off the ground and I suggested that "cool feature!"
ZigMail is a privately-held provider of applications that simplify your transactional life. Designed to thwart email overload, ZigMail makes email less of a headache for consumers and more impactful for marketers by automatically capturing, sorting and summarizing transactional communications from companies, such as offers, deals, account summaries and receipts. ZigMail works with leading email services without downloading anything to your desktop, tablet or mobile device. ZigMail is headquartered in Chicago, IL and recently expanded to Silicon Valley. ZigMail was founded in 2011. Visit www.zigmail.com to try ZigMail for free. Join us on Twitter or like us on FaceBook or YouTube.
Richard Gerstein - Chief Executive Officer bio
Michael Kennedy - President bio
Orin Fink - Chief Technology Officer bio
Jeff Janda - Chief Operations Officer bio
Eric Wagner - Chief Design Officer bio
Zigmund - Zigvangelist and sea otter mascot, scouring the web's best deals
Robert Daly - Director of Marketing
Joanna Rustin - Director of Communications
ZigMail is a new way to manage the email messages you want from your desktop or mobile device – for free. It allows you to "zig" right to your important transactional emails, whether you want to act on a message immediately, like an Amazon.com offer, or file a message away, like a shipping notification for your diaper order on Target.com.
ZigMail is compatible with any existing email account. ZigMail can be accessed via web browsers on your desktop, smartphone or tablet device. Your ZigDigest is a simple application that summarizes your daily ZigMail inbox and sends it to your primary email account, eliminating the need to check a second email inbox. It centralizes, sorts and categorizes your transactional communications in a color-coded digest delivered to your inbox each morning, saving you time, frustration and money.
There are 3 components to ZigMail's offering:
- ZigMail– A free web-based application that offers an easy, safe and secure way to tame your inbox. Keep your current email account while ZigMail provides a new transactional identity. It organizes email into six categories: Notices & Alerts, Time Sensitive Offers, Shopping & Catalogs, Personal Interests, Receipts & Records and Miscellaneous.
- ZigMail Digest– A simple summary of your ZigMail inbox that is delivered each morning so you can quickly scan your important messages. Imagine only having to open one summary per day versus 50 individual emails.
- ZigMail QuickStart™- Our wizard gets your ZigMail identity up and running and moves your transactional emails over to ZigMail in a flash. We scan your personal email account(s) and identify transactional emails that are overloading your email inbox. In just 2 minutes, you see a summary of recommended emails to move and with one click, ZigMail QuickStart converts those accounts to send to your ZigMail address instead.
Are you one of the billions of people out there who fit this profile?
- You subscribe to multiple daily deal sites.
- You buy so much on-line that you are on a first name basis with the UPS driver.
- You have more than one personal email account.
- Your unread email count is higher than your credit score.
- When your tax guy asks for receipts, you'd like to say something other than ‘Here's the shoebox."
Answered "yep" to any of these? You'll fit right into our user community. Get started.
ZigMail was created to improve the relationship between consumers and marketers. Consumers are overwhelmed with emails (receipts, shipping confirmations, offers, daily deals, notices, and newsletters). They spend their time organizing and deleting emails, instead of reading and shopping through their emails. That is if they haven't sent them to a "dump email account" that they never check. This has resulted in declining open, click through and purchase rates.
By organizing, archiving, and summarizing their transactional emails, shopping from emails is fun again. This will increase engagement and click through rates.
Interested in partnering with us to provide a better way to view and engage with your communications? Email us today.
ZigMail is a fun, fast-paced work environment based on open communication, trust, and teamwork. Our goal? Make ZigMail the best email experience by focusing on simplifying our customer's lives and making email fun again. We're looking for intelligent, passionate, hard working and fun ZigMeisters that want to be part of something new and exciting. You'll gain tremendous experience and have lots of fun collaborating with top technology entrepreneurs and marketers as we take ZigMail to the next level.
- Social Media intern – Do you live on Facebook, LinkedIn or YouTube? Know the secret to building thousands of "likes" about new technologies? Help us engage with ZigMail users and prospective users by building buzz on leading social media platforms.
- Project Manager
- DataBase Analytics
- Java Programer
- Assistant Marketing Director
If you are interested in careers or internships, please email us at email@example.com.